Join Our Team At Means Nursery!
Facilities Construction And Maintenance Leader
Means Nursery, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Construction and Maintenance Leader to join our team.
The Construction and Maintenance Leader will provide daily hands-on leadership for construction projects. Must be capable of executing framing and remodeling projects from start to finish. Experience in managing multiple assignments and maintaining respectful, effective relationships with supervisors, coworkers is essential. Skills must include basic framing, drywall, cabinet installation, tile setting, and finish work. Detail and quality oriented, takes pride in excellent work. Must be a self-starter.
The Ideal Candidate
- Advanced level skills in areas such as electrical, carpentry, plumbing. Construction experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing, in person, and via phone and radio with all levels of staff.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, both verbal and written.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work with or without direct supervision.
- Excellent organizing and planning skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and maintenance software.
- High school diploma/GED and 3 years of maintenance experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years supervisory experience
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus.
- Safely and effectively use and operate hand tools, mechanical equipment, power tools, and light equipment required for the work; perform routine equipment maintenance.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Observes safe work methods and makes appropriate use of related safety equipment as required.
- Able to perform repetitive movements and tasks for 8, 10, or more hours per day which include but not limited to squatting, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, standing, walking, and lifting over the shoulders.
- Must be flexible to work in a team environment and be supportive of co-workers and coaches.
- Perform a variety of construction, modification, maintenance, and repair work with accuracy, speed, and minimal supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promote a safe work environment, upholding company safety policies and procedures.
- Work indoors and outdoors, in seasonal temperatures and conditions.
- Willing to work flexible hours, holidays and weekends. The majority of work schedule is Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Continuously walk, stand, bend and kneel.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 75 pounds.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and qualifications for the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all functions, duties or qualifications.
$25.00 – $40.00 per hour
Or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org